The International Association of Puppet Friendly Cities (AVIAMA) brings together cities and local governments around the world around the puppet, convinced of the importance of culture in their development. AVIAMA represents a genuine network for cooperation and exchange.
For the 6th consecutive year, AVIAMA is launching a mobility scheme for projects in the field of puppetry arts. The deadline for applications is midnight on Monday 15 January 2024. The results will be announced on Friday 19 April 2024.
Send the complete application by email to email@example.com
Aims of the grants
They are intended for any person or company with a project involving : Training, Creation, Innovation and Research in order to encourage the development of the art of puppetry and object theatre, its innovation in the broadest sense of the term, while protecting heritage through research.
These grants help to cover the costs of mobility required for projects (travel and/or accommodation on site), which are often a barrier to the realisation of projects.
The project must be developed, as a priority, in one of the member cities, although in exceptional cases other cities will be accepted.
There is no age requirement, but the Jury will be particularly sensitive to applications from students or young professionals.
Presentation of the application – documents to be provided
- A detailed, well-argued presentation of the project (3000 characters) in French and English
- A detailed timetable for the project.
- A provisional budget, detailing all costs and expected support (personal contribution, other grants, support in kind, etc….) from the applicant.
- A detailed CV, outlining the applicant’s links, in particular with the world of puppetry.
- A personal letter of motivation, in French and English, explaining in detail why this application is being made, what the applicant hopes to achieve, and how this could be shared or contribute to the sector.
- A letter of support from one of AVIAMA’s member cities.
- Any other letter of support that the candidate deems useful to enclose with his/her application.
No application will be validated without the above documentation.
The AVIAMA reserves the right to request further information and documents as it deems necessary. AVIAMA reserves the right to reject any incomplete application.
If you encounter any problems or have any questions, please write to firstname.lastname@example.org.
AVIAMA Grant Rules
The complete rules for the AVIAMA 2024 – Puppets and Mobility Grants are available here: